Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Elder Perrin - 21 May 2008

May 21, 2008

Well, let me see if I can figure out what we did last week. I'll pull out my planner.... Oh, that's right. I remember.
Well we had a progressing investigator come to church this week!
I was excited! He stayed all three hours even with his noisy child. Javier is his name. Anyway, so while we were all in priesthood, hermano Calics is giving the lesson on priesthood and what their duty's are. Well, It was a fine lesson, nothing wrong at all, but he started talking about how we need to wear white shirts and ties to church, and if we don't, we're not fulfilling our priesthood duties... bla bla bla... just went off on that for like five minutes. Meanwhile, I was listening the whole time just saying to myself, "Please lord don't let Javier hear any of this, lest he should feel excluded from the rest of us." Because, of course he wasn't wearing church clothes, he's the investigator! So anyway, I really wanted to go up and stop hermano Calics from talking about that. Anyway, he stayed all three hours and yesterday, we called him to see if we could drop by his house for a quick lesson. Well, he basically dropped himself, said he felt way wierd in the church, felt way dumb without church clothes and felt way awkward. So we're done with that guy now. I don't even blame him, I would've felt the same thing. We have a couple of intense members here. Sad story.
We also officially dropped a lady we've been teaching for about two months, because she won't come to church. We kept saying "Oh, she'll come this week." So finally, I just told my companion, "No, we need to drop her. She won't keep her commitment." So we dropped her. But we do have one investigator that's almost progressing. We've taught him like 5 times. Keeps his commitments as far as reading. Right now he's trying to get Sundays off so he can go to church. He already asked his boss once and got declined. So yesterday, we taught him
about fasting and he said he would fast with us today and tomorrow so his boss will give him the day off. If not, he'll have to be really bold and say, "Fire me if you want!" But he's really nice and were fasting today for him starting at 4. Hopefully his boss will be nice. So that's about it over here in corn land. The corn is poking out of the ground and is getting taller. Pretty exciting. Anyway, thanks for the email. I'll read it later today.

Love you all!

Love Elder Perrin

1 comment:

DnD Gibb said...

Just wondering if Curtis is able to get this blog and read the comments. We love his letters and feel the tender feelings he has for all of his contacts. It is really sad the teacher was not more sensitive. Our prayers are with Curtis for the progress of his positive contact. His efforts and positive attitude with the "do it will" can only bless him and his companion and those he teaches.
Lots of Love