Sunday, September 7, 2008

Elder Perrin - 3 September 2008

September 3, 2008

Well, right now I'm in an area called Hermosa Park. I'm pretty excited, because it's the city and everybody wants to go to the city. But I'm here now in the city, which is pretty sweet. Ha!Ha! My brain is about to explode!!!!Ha! Ha! Ha! I haven't seen this many people in a long time, nor this many buildings. All I've seen is corn for about 5-6 months. I'm pretty excited to be here, I won't lie. A little nervous, but at least my mind will have something to see and do all day, no more of this wandering mind crap going to happen. I think that was the worst part about Woodstock for me. So much time to just think... think about family, think about friends, think... think...think. It's not healthy. Well I'm in for a crazy ride I think. We actually have investigators down here which is exciting. It's going to be a huge change though. I feel like I'm starting my mission over. For real, that's what it feels like. I haven't taught a solid lesson for a really long time. My companion got transferred out along with me. Luckily he is still alive, apparantly the area had some negative affects on him. He was in really bad shape, I don't remember if I told you any of this, probably not because it seems I get less letters the more people worry about me. But anyway, my companion slipped into severe depression, couldn't go 10 minutes without braking down and crying, just weeping. Work slowed down big time. I tried to take him tracting but it made it worse. It was bad. Lasted for about 3 weeks. Most of it was cause to the area , and a few things at home, but he's alive, doing well again. He's in my zone here in the city now, so I'm excited for that. So that's about it for me. Just anxious to see what it's like down here in the city. Love you all. I hope Charlie's headaches go away. I actually get them a lot too. I hope he feels better.

Love
Elder perrin

1 comment:

DnD Gibb said...

Here I am still reading blogs, etc. We are so happy for Curtis to be in a new area. He has truly met the test while in the cornfields and with helping his companion to defeat his depression. What a terrific, dedicated, faithful, etc., etc. Elder Curtis has been. We sure love him and are excited for his new challenges and adventures in the Lord's work. Grpa and Grma Gibb