Tuesday, December 30, 2008

November - December

Nov. 5, 2008 Hey, good week this week. Yeah the south side of my area where all the ghetto is... supposedly went crazy last night. (President Obama's electoral speech in Chicago) I don't know the details. This week was really warm, really warm, it's been nice. Everthing is good, thanks for everything. Have a good week.

Nov.12, 2008 Thanks for the winter stuff and for the pictures. I was afraid dad had maybe died in a four wheeler accident or something and no one wanted to tell me, until I saw the photos, so I'm glad that everyone is doing good. Ok.

Nov. 19, 2008 Well, I guess I'll just write a little bit here. This week was great. I do find it a little hard to write stuff sometimes because I just lose motivation for writing people at home that don't write me. Let's just face it, I fell off the face of the planet, why bother writing these emails or letters. You don't want me to know what goes on at home, well I don't have any motive to let people know what goes on here.

Nov. 26, 2008 Well, this week I got nailed by a car, and so my bike is really messed up. I apologize for that, but it's going to cost around 100 bucks to put the wheels back strait and re-aline the brakes. I chose not to straiten the bent frame because that would cost around 150 or 200, so basically what the guy did for me was offset the tires a little bit to make up for the frame. So it cost a bit because he spent a while on it and I didn't know how to do it. So I apologize for that. If anyone would like the awesome stories I have like this one, well, all you got to do is send me some pictures, maybe send me a little letter or something like that, that way I'll have some motivation to let people enjoy these priceless missionary moments. But at the moment I just have no motivation nor desire to do so. As you can see by Zachs email, all it took was a little bit and I just open up. So there you go. Well, I just had to throw all that in just in case anyone wanted the story but was confused as to why they didn't get it. Once again, sorry for being expensive. I promise it wasn't my fault. I just let it go and forgot that maybe it would cost a lot to fix the bike. Oh well, when you keep the commandments it shouldn't matter because the Lord just takes care of ya anyways. Have a good week and a Happy Thanksgiving. P.S. Tam, everyone loves your potatoes. I cook them once a week or so and just eat them all week. They rock! Love Curt

Dec. 3, 2008 Hey,I really don't need a new bike. I thought I mentioned in the email that it wasnt' a big deal, my bike works fine. Sorry if I made it a big deal. Mom, I also was going to tell you, I don't know if you did it on accident, but my address is 2640 Leclaire 2. I don't think you wrote the right number there when I got your letter. Luckily I got it just the other day. Sorry if I wrote it wrong to ya. Also the cd you sent me awhile ago, I keep forgetting to tell you, it doesn't play anything. I don't know if it was for music or what. If it was for music, you probably forgot to put it on the right burn format, so the files you put on didn't work. I don't know. Anyway, this week was good.

Dec. 10. 2008 Hi,thanks for the Christmas tree, it was really nice. Thanks for all the love and support back home. This week was good. We got some more snow and it got a little bit colder. Thanks for the pictures as well, it's good to see everybody and to hear from everyone. What do I do with the huge sheets of pictures??? Am I supposed to cut it up and put it like in a photo album or do I hang it up??? I didn't really want to hang it up because it wasn't really my style, so is cutting out ones I want to keep ok??? If I send you my memory card home, will you promise not to erase the movies??? Ok, I think I'm out of questions. Things are good, and I did have one other point of buisness. On Christmas Day for the whole "phone call" thing, I will be calling before 7 am, or after 7 pm, my time. Most likely at night, but it's not sure yet. Anyway, thanks for everyting and have a good week. Love Curt

Dec. 17, 2008 Well this week we got a lot of snow. It's pretty crazy riding the bike around in it. Well, as for the story if anyone wants to really know, I was riding on the sidewalk, just getting out of an appointment with Stuart right in front. We are about to cross an alley way and right as Stuart crosses, he looks back as if to give a warning of somekind, but I didn't really know that at the time. Anyway, right as I am about to cross the alley, a white car just happens to be there going too fast and forgeting to honk, and hits me on the front of my bike. Natureally, I go flying and my bike got hurt. I got up off the ground really quick and in my frustration looked at the lady driving with a look of "are you stupid?!" and said, "HONK NEXT TIME!" and did some sort of hand motion to make it more intense. Well I felt kind of bad for that, so I pull over to the side and she gets out to come say sorry for hitting me and all that, and I calmed my voice down and put on my fake missionary vioce and said, "That's alright, go ahead. No don't worry about insurance just go ahead. I'm fine. Don't worry. You're fine. Go ahead..." and then she drove off and I got on my bent piece of crap and rode off. I thought it was handled pretty christlike if you ask me. Could have been better, but lifes a progress right? Well, I'm out of time. Have a good week. Love Curt

Dec. 30, 2008 If you wondering why you got this before you wrote an email, well, it's because you procrastinated and I beat you to it. The library is closed this Wednesday, hence the email on Tuesday. Well, no new news, except this week in church I sang a solo for my good friend Elder Naholewa who goes home tomorrow. It was crazy, especially because I had no piano, and I can't sing, and the song is long and goes high at times. Yep, 'God Be With You Till We Meet Again'. My goal was to get him to cry, but he didn't. But he said he was moved, so that was good. The good thing about singing in a spanish ward is that you don't have to be very good to be better than everyone else at singing, and frankly they don't know the difference. So there mom. I did if for you. Too bad you weren't there to see my first performance, which also happens to be my last! Ha Ha. I'm serious. I'm never doing that again. Have a good week.

1 comment:

DnD Gibb said...

Thank you for the letter synopsis and your comments as well. Curtis is good and intense about the work. We are so glad he is okay from the bike crash. He truly is giving his whole life to the Lord--even singing. We love him tons, too, and will continue to keep in touch with him. Love