Well, this week was pretty good. The weather was cold, but it's warming up slowly. Lets see, the latest news I have is this. Yesterday in my interview with president we were talking and this is what he came up with. He said I need to go home to work out some worthiness issues. HA! Just kidding there. Alright, so here's really what happened. So somehow my go home date got brought up. He just brought it up, it was the first thing he mentioned. And then I mentioned the scholarship I had waiting for the winter semester and all that. So then he pulls out some books, and a calender and figures out when he would have to send me home. And then he says December tenth. Yep. Dec 10 of this year. So I'm just like, well, can we maybe just do it in the middle of the transfer or just a week or two early? And he said, "Well, normally I would do that because I don't mind if the mission gets thrown out of wack because I just take visa waiter... bla... bla... bla. But we have a new mission president coming in and I would not want to do that to him so the best thing would be to have you go home a transfer early." So then he asked how important the scholarship was and stuff like that. And I said pretty important, since I will have no money when I get back and so he obviously agreed and said he was going to work it out. Alright, don't get so excited, I know that means that I would only miss one Christmas as a missionary, and only one new years, and it would leave me a decent amount of time to prepare for college. But I am kind of reluctant to do it because of, well, pride I guess. Let me know what you think. He said there is a possibility of talking with the new mission president of rearranging it, but for now my go home date is the tenth of December. I would like to have other options though, maybe different college options though, if there was another scholarship that would be possible to other schools, that would be useful information for me to know. Maybe you could make a few calls and see if I still have a chance at other scholorships to maybe a closer school or something. Just let me know what you think. Well, this week was pretty good. We found some decent new investigators and are getting rid of a few old ones we have that aren't progressing. asi es. But things are good. Griselda is set to be baptized in a week in a half, so that is good. I'm pretty excited for that. The cold I think is going away for this week, at least I hope so. I think warm weather would give my companion some more motivation, since he's from California where sunshine grows on trees and where it's always a perfect day. Man I want to live in Cali, it's like the only spot for miles where you can ski in the morning and play a round of golf in the evening. That would be awesome. My comp is teaching me a lot about bikes, which is good. I basically don't need a bike shop anymore. I'm learning how to even true up a wheel. It's tight. Well have a good one. I'll read your emails later. I gotta run. Write back and tell me what you think!!! Love you all.
Love curt
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I just updated myself from Feb.1 to March 4. When did I get behind again? What awesome letters and such a strong and growing testimony along with a suttle, charming hunor. I am so glad Curtis is alive after being hit by a car, and that he isn't in jail because of an angry policeman--pride. Sure hope all his baptisms come through. It isn't like Mexico. It is so thoughtful of the President to be thinking of Curtis's educational future. The Lord loves His missionaries and helps them in every way possible because of what they give. Sure love you all.
Post a Comment