Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Feb. 25, 2009 To Charlie

Well, this week was pretty good I guess. I'm still here in the city, that makes me happy. I love the area, I love my companion, I love Jesus, and I love you guys. I think I missed dad for the first time in my whole mission this morning. It was a little overconsuming, and I had never had that happen before. I really do miss dad. He could make me laugh like no other, especially if he was in a really good mood. I really wanted to talk to him and have a good time with him. So what is this diet he has got going? What happened to the good old fashion diet of eating less and excercising? What does he eat? So you got a new love seat eh and couch? Thats pretty crazy, you should send me a picture of it. In fact, you should send me a picture of the basement too. That would be cool, then I could actually believe it with my own eyes. (ha ha)
Please set an example, a really good one. That means church every week, scriptures, reading, every day, together as a couple, and praying every day, as a couple together. Callings, home teaching, temple at least once a week, and fulfilling all the words and councils of the prophet. That is probably the best thing right now, and to be happy. So I will do my best. Have a good week. I love you much
Charlie, I miss you tons, but I hope you are having fun all the time. I haven't written you a letter in awhile and I'm really sorry. I really loved the last letter you wrote me. It was cool. So how are things in school? Can you read faster than mom yet? Mom can read really fast, super dooper fast, faster than most people can talk. It's crazy! You are really good at drawing! I got your picture awhile ago, and I have to say that you're like a professional artist! Wow! I was amazed. So is it starting to warm up in Utah yet, or is it still freezing cold? Do you help dad 'build' the basement? Did he get you a really cool tool belt so you can help him carry tools and hold stuff for him?
When I was really little, I remember mom and dad came into my room one night while we were all sleeping, and dad woke me and Zach up because he was so excited to give us some tool belts he found for us. I didn't even know what was going on, but he was so excited that he found some really awesome tool belts for us, and ever since then I had a cool tool belt to use when I was building my tree fort outside. Dad would always surprise us like that because he is so awesome. Like, I would remember he would come home and yell CHARLIE! Come Here! I have something for you! Dad is cool. He would always let me help him build stuff, even though I was really little and didn't know what I was doing. I loved building stuff, and he would always help me build stuff, like my tree house. Too bad we don't have trees in Utah or else we could build a tree fort.
Well, I have a story. The other day I got hit by another car! It was crazy! This car hit me, and my bike went flying and then I went rolling on top of the cars hood and then onto the ground. It was really crazy. My companion said it looked really cool too, like a professional stunt man. Ha!Ha! And the lady gets out of her car and starts to panic and she wanted to take me to the hospital, and then she wanted to take me to her house to give me a bike. But I told her not to worry about it, because it wasn't that bad. It only hurt a little bit, not a lot. My bike actually came out just fine, so that's good.
So guess what happened a few days ago? We, met a karate man in the street. His name is Sensai John, I think, and he was really funny. He said he could teach me all kinds of stuff, so that if a gangster wanted to start a fight with me, I would be able to take him out. He reminded me of you, because of how you are doing karate, and he made me laugh too. Did you know there are a lot of mean people in Chicago? Yep. Most people in Utah are really nice, but here in Chicago, most people are a little rude. Even the policemen are rude. The other day, we were riding our bikes, and we pull into the lane to turn left, and a cop behind us honks his horn because he's in a hurry and we weren't fast enough for him. So then he passes us after honking, but then he gets stalled by the car in front who was going slow too, because he maybe was nervous. And then we pass the cop going really fast on our bikes, because they had to go through a bunch of speed bumps. He gets on his microphone and in an angry voice, starts telling me I need to stop at stop signs, and a few other things. Then he catches up to my companion and cuts him off with his car and stops and puts the wheels of his car in a pile of snow, hits the gas spraying snow all over my companion. He zooms off all angry that 2 bikes schooled him, because we passed him again a minute later and I saw his face, he was really mad.
So did you guys get the Bob Marley bracelets? I hope so. I told Zach to give everybody one. Did you know that spring is almost here? That means it's time to go golfing! Maybe I'll go golfing here in Chicago sometime, that would be really cool! Charlie you are my best friend. I miss you a lot. I miss playing with you. Remember when we had so much fun on the trampoline? I do. And remember when we would go swimming? I can't wait to play with you again. It will be so much fun. I love you a lot. Give everybody a hug for me, Ok? And hey! Stay away from pretty girls, they are trouble. Ha! Ha! Ok. Love you. Curtis

No comments: