Sunday, February 15, 2009

Elder Perrin - 11 February 2009

Well it's been a really good week. Well it's been really warm, super warm. I'm loving it! We of course are on bikes because of the weather. I haven't even needed a sweatshirt, it's just like spring. It's really awesome, but at the same time it feels like March or April, and it's still February, so of course the cold is going to come again, and that's the part I don't like. plus it feels like I have more time out then I really do because it feels like spring. But oh well, things are good. I got the package. I love it!!! Thanks so much. I had forgotten about the conference talks, but then when I saw those I got super excited. I absolutely love them, the talks, they help out a lot actually. They are actually really good for Spanish study too. What I do is I put in a talk, and then grab the Spanish church magazine that has all the conference talks, and then as I listen, I read along in Spanish at the same time, and it actually is good practice with grammar and pronunciation and stuff. Plus, I just especially loved this last conference, the talks were just really good. It could have been just because of a changed attitude, but I think they were just extra better this time. So thank you. The spider man is hilarious. I love it. Thanks so much for thinking about me. I really appreciate it. I'm going to try to do the dentist appointment thing soon. I just get really lax on those kind of things sometimes. Doing stuff like that as a missionary is just even more of a headache I think too. But I'll try. Well were doing really good with our investigators and stuff, we should have a baptism soon, if something bad happens I'll let you know. Satan usually does something so I'll let you know what that is. Like I said, I'm enjoying the weather. People were out in the street again, which was awesome because when people our out, I have people to talk to. We have a busy road that is really good to contact people on, and we are kind of in a slump right now so I came up with the idea of me and my comp splitting up and walking down both sides of the street, so we could talk to double the people. Man I was loving it, getting twice the work done in the same amount of time, not losing a single soul that walked by. It was the best idea I ever had I thought, but I come to find out my companion hated it. I was like AAAHHHH man, why!???? "JUST CUZ!" Alright, so he doesn't like to talk to people, who does, rejection sucks but that is life. By the end of this transfer he's going to love to contact people and talk to everyone. Ha Ha. I'll make sure of it. You know, rejection isn't so bad. It's what makes you look even better right? Missionaries in Mexico and South America have no idea. It makes me laugh to hear rejection stories from Mexico. "One time this guy was actually opposed to us, and said no, I was astonished." Ha! Ha! No I don't know. Missionary life is good, I'm not gonna lie. I have no complaints, except for the fact that I can't talk to Zach right now. It hurts not being able to be there to help him. I wish I could call him. You should call Sister Stoddard and explain the case and maybe she would let me. Ha! Ha! No joke. She might. I hope he's alright, I miss him a lot. Well, I'm out of time. I'll try to write a letter this week, if not, don't hate me. Love curt

No comments: