Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Elder Perrin - 1 April 2009

So I am in a new area, Rockford its called. I'm not going to lie, it's a pretty crazy situation. President called me up last morning and told me about the assignment and stuff. Basically he took out both the sisters of the area (the only spanish speaking missionaries in the area) and sent me and Elder Brown in here to get a branch started. Basically all they have is a group that goes to the English ward and they have to listen to a translator and stuff, and they don't really have any priesthood to get a branch started, well supposedly, I don't know. So he told me all about it and so now I'm here, whitewashed in, no longer in the city which is a bummer but oh well I guess. Here's the trippy part. The area is right next door to Woodstock, my last area before the city. So basically almost exactly one year ago I was taking the exact same course into Woodstock, the exact same road, at the excact same time of the year and everything. It was really wierd. It made me kind of nervous actually, all the cornfields are the exact same as when I first saw them and the weather was the same and everthing. So I am on the opposite side of the mission now, away from all my friends and stuff, basically away from everybody. Rockford however is a really large place. It's got a few big buildings and stuff, I think it's like the second biggest city in our mission. So I think I could be here a really long time. I forgot my adress, my apologies, I'll get it to you next week. You're safe to send anyting to this Rockford address if you want. If you were wondering, no I do not live with members again, thank goodness. We have actually a cool apartment on the 7 th floor and looks over a river and stuff, I like it. I can't believe how dirty the sisters left it though. I thought women were clean, I guess I was mistaken. Or maybe I'm just picky, I don't know. Elder Brown, my new companion is really cool. He's really spiritual but really cool and funny. The best part about elder brown (because I have done exchanges with him and I know him well enough to say this) is that he is completely down to do missionary work. That is all I wanted was someone who was totaly down to tract, to contact, to teach, to do it, and not have to feel like I'm dragging him around. So I think were going to get a lot done. Thanks for the pictures and the letter!
I am so sorry I forgot about your birthday Charlie!!!! Forvige me please, I feel so bad. I don't even remember what day it is. The 23rd? I'm so horrible. Just shoot me, but I love you bud. Happy birthday!!!! I love you!!!! So it sounds like things are going good for everybody, Wow I have a headache right now. So I am going to miss my bike, and as for the money about Elder Calls bike, don't worry about it. If he really needed it, he wouldn't have bought one that was twice as expensive as the first one. I'm glad to have Elder Brown as my companion, I really am. Well love you all. Love Curtis
Wow, do you realize that it has been 10 months since I have driven a car??? That is crazy, just crazy. Elder brown and I had to say a prayer berfore leaving because, you never know, I was just scared out of my brains to drive. I was like, what is this stick looking thing right here in the middle, and what dose D mean again??? ha ha! Our apartment is so full of girl crap it's not even funny. For some reason we found a tiny bottle of lotion that said it was used for tightening skin after pregnancy. I was like hmmmm, why would they need this??? Knowing the sister that was in here a while ago, I'm surprised I didn't find any midol lying around because she was crazy, I mean hard core peruvian crazy. Man, this is a trip though, it really is crazy. I like challenges though. Do you realize that I will see the corn grow all over again??? That is crazy. Alright, there is a difference this second time around, because it does feel like a "second time around". The difference is that now I actually want to be here, don't laugh, alright and it also helps that my companion is not depressed, that he does not have a chance at getting depressed. So I will let you now how it goes. If you read this email first, it's not going to make sense, you gotta read the other one first!

1 comment:

DnD Gibb said...

Oh, we love Curtis's honesty. At last he can perform to full capacity. It is kind of a miracle the circle he has made in all his areas, and now he is happy to be back in the cornfields with a new feeling and perspective with his new companion. Hooray! He really has a great work to do and should be honored that the President would ask him to go there. -- So sorry the Sister Missionaries give us girls a bad reputation. Love