Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Elder Perrin - 5 Aug 2009

So first, I just need to say that mom, you're in my prayers. And since we all know that missionary prayers are heard more often that everyone elses prayers, I'll pray a lot for you. : ) Ok, so only the hispanic people here think that, but we still love them so much. So I keep forgetting to ask, did my camera card arrive safely home?? No one said anything about it, and so I'm really sick to my stomach that something happened to it. Let me know, please. I sent it like a month ago.

So I weighed myself the other day. I weigh 170. That's just way too light, way too light for me. I'm a little guy, well it feels like it anyway. I went into the MTC at 225 or so, and I'm just way too skinny. The thing is that I can eat. Lord knows I can eat. I'm just tired of cooking. I cant explain it. I'm burnt out on cooking food, so hopefull I'll put some wieght back on when I get home. I think a lot of it that I've lost is muscle weight. That's why I still have a little bit of a gut, but I just need some food. No, what I need is a desire to cook me some food. Lately, I just would rather eat a quick meal and take a 15 minute nap. Maybe we should not skip dinner either. So the transfer just started, and I'm still here in Albany Park, the city area. Things are good.

I got Ilahs letter on Saturday. It was honestly the happiest day of my entire mishion, hands down the most joy I've felt since day one. When I read the letter and card thing, I just got this overwhelming feeling of love and happiness and relief that I've never felt before. Finally, Ilah is going to the temple, and who out of all our family deserves the blessing of the temple. Ilah of course. Who has the cutest and most awesome family that needs to be there after this life? They do duh. Man, I can't even explain it. It was the greatest moment ever. No more waiting. She's going to the temple. I wish I could be there. Although it was a great learning experience for me. For a long time I've wanted to obtain a strong desire to go to the temple, somehow to have a strengthened testimony about it. But I could never figure out how to have more desire to go. For a long time I had doubts that I would be a solid temple visiter when I got home. But I realized, Ilah and spencer are not the only ones waiting. They waited six years, people above have waited hundreds, maybe more to be able to recieve the same blessings. And I , selfish Elder Perrin, can't even find a desire to make a trip to the temple here and there to help out my brothers and sisters??? Man I'm shallow. I can't believe myself sometimes. I didn't even realize How stupid I am, as if I forgot these people we do the work for are real people. Man, I'm a joke. I think the joy for Ilah and Spencer must be 10 times greater, compared to the joy someone feels when they're just newlyweds. Am I right?? That's what I would think. That's just so amazing how they're doing it. It makes me so happy. We'll just say the tears were pouring while I was reading that letter. Yes, I'm a little cry baby. That's just the way God made me. Dad, can I just say you are the man. I'm so glad you raised me. We won't blame the fact that I'm a cry baby on you. That I think I got from mom. It's all right though. Hopefully at my homecoming talk I won't cry.

Thanks for looking for a car for me : ) Hopefully you can find something cheap, and easy to fix. My dream car is still the one Chels wrecked. Just a really small truck, like Tam's. But good luck finding something. I really appreciate it. I wish I could just ride a bike everywhere in Utah. It would save me such a hassle, and money. Well, life here is good. I be eating a lot of rice, and beans, and more rice and beans. It's a good combo. The Mexicans know whats up. Love you mommy. Love you dad. The gospel is true. The prophet talks with God. The Book of Mormon is true.

Love curt

I forgot to tell you. I have some bad news. My bike broke, well not broke, it's totaled. My frame is cracked, at the bottom, and it's unweldable because of rust, and if I continue to ride it, the guy said the post could brake comepletely, which would fold my bike in half. If I were riding that while that happened, well, I could die. So I had to retire the bike. But I got a different bike, from another elder that's going home this transfer, so I'm all set. I just thought you'd want to know that the 150 bucks I spent on fixing that bike up, just went down the drain. Sorry, it's just my luck.

1 comment:

DnD Gibb said...

We are glad Curtis has tears, and I really think he takes after Jay. What a great Elder--he is so willing to learn the truth and find answers to make himself better. Cannot wait to hug him.