Friday, April 25, 2008

Elder Perrin - 21 April 2008

Well, I got the package last night and I just want to say thank you so much for it. I can't wait to see the pictures. I havent had a chance to look at them yet. Sorry. I will look at them though. As for my letters, I'm sorry they've been kinda short but I can't really think of anything to write about. And yea, I have been a little on the down side, not gonna say why, but not because of the car wreck. That's no big deal, I can still drive of course. The lady that hit me is trying to say it's my fault now, and I found this out last night. So now I have to talk to the insurance guys and I'm kind of annoyed by it all. Anyway, things are fine here and basically still the same. We dropped one of the families that weve been teaching because they won't come to church. It has to do with the whole social issue of the catholic church. They know the church is true, just don't wanna make the change. Sad actually, probably happens a lot. Nothing we could do but read them scriptures and say call us if you need anything and your always welcome to church. So, as far as the questions you sent me... We live inside the house of one of the memebers. We have one room and a bathroom and then we just use the kitchen when we need and use the washer and dryer when we need. We have a spot for our bikes in the garage too. I guess the church is trying to do this as much as possible to save some money. We have one ward and it's about five minutes away. It consists of about 30 or less active members that are there everytime, and about 4 or five families. One guy in the ward is a RM, and he likes to help out here and there. As far as the rest of the ward it's actualy near impossible to get them to help out, and it's not really thier fault either. The area is so big and we go to so many different towns, and they work a lot, so it's nearly impossible to coordinate a lesson with a member there. We have about 3 or so people we can count on. One of them is named Daniel. He's a recent convert to the church, and he's probably one of the most solid members too. He goes with us to teach Joel and basically anytime we're in his town he wil go with us. We have Patty who is really a fanatic about learning. She's a recent convert and she'll go with us if she is available. I'ts a challenge to get members to give us refferals but that's what were working on right now. We are trying to develop a plan to get the members more involved and it's really tough actually. On a normal day, lately, we go into businesses in the morning and try to spark conversations through the cards we leave behing on the counters, the little card stands. Then we just loook for people to talk to. We have appointments but most of the time they just aren't interested and so our backup plan is usually to tract the area we're in at the time or go to a nother appointment. We take our bikes whenever we can, usually only to Harvard, or Mchenry. The town we live in is called Woodstock. Crystal Lake is too big to ride bikes in. We ride our bikes maybe twice a week if the weather permits and stuff like that. Probably we will start riding them more. Anyway, it's awesome reading the letters you send. Tell Tam she needs to send me one today and tell me all about her life and stuff like that. I have'nt gotten one from her in a while. I don't know what else to say my mind goes blank when I get to the library for some reason. Thanks for everything you all do for me and have a good week in Utah.

Love Elder Perrin

No comments: