April 30, 2008
Well i'ts official. I hate p-DAYS. Actually, I hate them a lot. My mind just starts to wander off back to home and honestly I would rather just skip p-day, go do some tracting or something. You know what would be nice is if they just let us take about a half hour or so during the week to shop for some groceries and do the haircut, but just fit it into the normal day, then just have no p-day. That would be so much easier. But oh well I guess.
Well I'm printing off the email you sent mom, and I'm not going to read it now, but maybe later, like at night, I think that would help a little. I do, however, appreciate all the mail, despite my negative attitude not liking to think about home. I'm sorry if I appear negative you know, but I've always been the kind to fix sad thoughts with business, if that makes anysense.
So I did read like a paragraph of the letter and I just want to say how awesome it is that charles da masta is riding his bike with out the girly wheels. Charlie, I'm glad your finally becoming a grown up. Training wheels is the first step, and the next step is to learn how to not fart around girls. He-He! Just kidding buddy. Tell me how school is going for you ok? Or maybe you did and it's in the letter I havent read yet. Well I love ya Charlie. I think I love ya more than I love our silly dad. He does some crazy things sometimes. Am I right? Like what's the deal with all the polish sausage? Am I right? Hey, but we love him, he's the best right? Ya! I have to think so.
Well this week, actually this Saturday to be more precise, we're having a baptism.....! Ventura got his papers back from the First Presidency and they approved! Wow! The guy needs it! And wow! I've never seen somebody appreciate it like him. I don't even have a clue what he's saying when he's talking, but I can just tell. Wow! It's gonna be a good time.
We have a prime investigator coming to the baptism, named Valentina and I hope she comes. She kinda flaked out on church a couple times and has a hard time being consistent with appointments, but she reads!!! AAAH! Just come to church Valentina! It's so good! The spirit of discernment, which I'm told is magnified on a miss, tells me that we're going to butt heads with the husband, and probably is the cause of the flakiness. What to do eh? Well, she is awesome, we're about out of investigators though. We dropped like 3 people this week so it's been kinda sad, but were working on finding new ones.
So Zac went to prom eh? Sad I didn't hear it from him.
So, yeah. I forgot to tell Tam and Chels how much I love you two girly's. I s'aiufos love ya! Yeah, it's a spanish word in case you didn't know. Ha! Ha! And i'm sorry I haven't' written specifically to you both either, but Chels I pray for your finals everyday! mmmmk?! And Tami, I need to know detail on this place you work at that starts with a "V" and I'm not gonna spell it because, well I don't wanna, alright! You know that you joke about the name, don't deny! My goodness. I do to, It's hilarious, but a little um, well, you know. Anyway Tami, need a favor mmmk. I forgot a cd from home, this one I bought at the church store. On the case is a black guy and I don't remember his name, but the cd is in my room and all that. One of the songs on there is, " I can only imagine." You know what i'm talking about? I neeeeeeeeed it! Please help me find it. Please. I beg you! Check in all the boxes. Ask Chels if she knows what I'm talking about. I bought it like two days before I left, and I forgot the stupid thing. It is probably in the CD Player Tam so please, I need it. Please..... I love you!!!! Ok. Tam, one other thing, um... in the letter your going to write to me this week, telling me about your life stories, um... can you send the recipe for German pancakes? That would rock! So easy to make, so tastey, so delicious, so yellow and not good for the body because of all the syrup I use, but I know you know it, so when you write my letter, just include the recipe. Is that cool? Thanks Tam. Your the best.
Well, I love you all. Mom can you make sure Alicia gets these emails, I told her to talk to ya but well, I dunno. Well I love ya all and hope ya have a good week.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Curtis is doing so well and is always able to move forward inspite of any homesickness. He sure loves his family, and that is one of the blessings and growth that comes when a missionary leaves home--he/she truly realizes how much his/her family means him/her. It is just fabulous that their convict investigator has approval to be baptized. Wow, we have all learned a lesson on forgiveness with that approval. Curtis will have a real high at his baptism. We love reading his letters--explanations, experiences, and all. Love
Post a Comment