Monday, July 6, 2009

Elder Perrin - 1 July 2009

Well, life is crazy and just keeps going. Josh gets home, I forgot about that one, that should be fun. I feel bad I have only written him once my entire mission. You should tell him to call me haha, just kiddin. I feel like a loner kinda. We have a new Mission Pres, I'm going to meet him today. All my senior companions went home, all my mission buds went home, and Josh gets home, plus we got a missionary reduction of like 15 missionaries here, so things are a little different. The borders for my area are a little bigger now too. As far as missionary work, well I'm not gonna fluff it up for ya, it's good, but the same. We just talk to a million people a day, set up appointments, tract, go by the appointments which cancel, then keep looking for more people. Once in a while we get let in a door to teach someone, but then we never have another lesson because they lose interest and don't want to do anything. And so the cycle continues until we find the one, the person who is waiting, the one who has been waiting for their whole life, one day we'll find that person. But yeah, we haven't found that person yet, but Lord knows we're trying to. It's crazy how many people we talk to a day, and how you would think that at least one of those people would be ready, but nope, so you keep looking and asking everybody if they want to hear, and then someone says sure!!! And then you go by for the appointment and the house number they gave you doesn't exsist! ha ha. Thats just how it works. Ask Josh what I mean. He probably knows what I'm talking about. I'll tell you all about it when I get back. It'll be great. We can go to The Pie and I'll tell you all about missionary work from Chicago.
I'm so glad you do FHE, that's so cool. I love charlie, why is he so cool? He really is. Thanks for checking school out for me, I'm sure there will be no problem from doing the online thing, just let me know when to do it. As for the scholorship, anything I can get will help. If you think it's a good one to apply for, go for it. I appreciate all the help you're giving me though, so thanks so much. Let me know if I can do anything.
Well the gospel is true, the Book of Mormon is awesome. The words of the prophets are from God. God loves us. We really are his children, and we really do have so much potential. Trusting in the lord with all heart, not leaning on our own understanding, and acknowledging him in everything really is the best way to live life. He is GOD. He is EVERYTHING. He is LOVE.
Luv Curtis

1 comment:

DnD Gibb said...

What an awesome missionary. What he is discovering about himself, people, thoughts, and the Gospel itself is wonderful. He is so steadfast in the work, even when there are no responses at this time. Someday he will be very surprised to find out how many hearts he touched that led to later baptisms. Just love him!