Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Elder Perrin - 24 June 2009

Charlie had a cavity!!!!! what!!!!! You still have my dance pictures? You know the sad thing is that you're right, there were a lot of girls that wanted me, but I didn't even see that. I was too blind. I wish I would've been smarter.
So your email was really true about our thoughts. In my opinion, I don't know how valid this is or not, but I think that our thoughts is the last battle, the very last one. It's like the movie gone in 60 seconds, he saves the hardest car for last, or I don't know, but the last battle we fight is the hardest. Once we have all of our actions trained to the point where we don't commit sin like that much more, it all comes to the purification of the mind. And you can tell the difference between someone who is good, but doesn't have the pureness of mind, and someone who is good and does have the pureness of mind. There's a huge difference, but it's the hardest battle to fight. becuase you can have a bad thought and then choose to not act on it, and ok, not too hard. But then try to not have that thought in the first place, that is so hard. I think it's every ones battle though, not just a select few. So I don't know.
Anyway this week was transfers, today actually. We have a new mission president. His name is President Dahl. I'm still here in the city and with Elder Melchor, but the city boundaries are all changed up because they got rid of a few elders in the mission. Actually the mission took a huge cut in missionaries, so everything is kind of new and stuff. But we're doing good, we just keep going, talking to a thousand people a day and knocking doors and all that. We teach here and there but not really coming up with anything. You would think after awhile there would be something, but not yet.
But hey, that doesnt' sound so good about the law suit, That's a lot of money. You should hire my mission president to do it, he's a really good lawyer : ) . But we got a new apartment, it's actually a basement and it's pretty nice, I can't complain. The only thing is that it's way away from where we have to buy groceries. Before we were a 1 minute walk away, now were like a 10 minute bike ride away. So it's all good, I wish I had some cool stories for you, but they are all in my journal. As far as email I've kept, well I 've had to delete a bunch because I don't have enough room. So anyway, I'm sending the memory card home today for sure. I think. I'm so sorry I know you want pictures. It's so hard to get everything done though, and I still have to write letters to you all. I got Charlie's letter. THANK YOU CHARLIE!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!! The treat was so tasty. I really loved it. : ) And I will write back as soon as I can. So how big is your jump for your bike??? That's so cool. We should make a bike track with a lot of jumps when I get back. That would be so much fun. Well I love you. Thanks mom, you are so awesome. How was fathers day? Did you do anything special? I know what I would do if it was Father's Day and my wife wanted to give me a gift, ha, sorry. Love you. Have a good week.

Love curtis

No comments: