Saturday, June 13, 2009

May 20, 2009 - Elder Perrin

So I think I understood your story with Nate and Zach. It was that they were going to go golfing on Sunday? At first I thought it was about Zach saving money, but from what I understood it was about golfing on Sunday right? Well I don't really know if you wanted me to reply on that one or not, but I kinda wanted to give my oppinion too I guess. I think that you are basically right, going golfing on Sundays, well, would not seem like a bad thing anymore, to Zach, and if I didn't go on the mission, it wouldn't be a big deal to me either. The thing is that, even though no one is perfect and you did you best as parents, we kind of grew up thinking it wasn't really a big deal to break the sabbath, and since there are no definitinons of breaking the sabbath, going golfing wouldn't seem like a bad thing. After a while of going out to eat on Sundays, and going to Lagoon a few times on Sunday, and doing family outings on Sunday, after a while I think Satan just blurs the line of what is right and wrong. It even happens to the best of us. No one has a perfect Sunday, well not many. Are the things we are doing really drawing us nearer to our Savior? Some may justify watching TVv is Ok, others justify playing sports or things like that, others justify video games. The thing is that all of us have something we can do better on Sundays, and yes golfing isn't right because we aren't focused on the Savior, and we're spending money and all that, but I think in this case with Zach, and Nate too is patience. I don't think he understands the importance of the Sabbath, but speaking personally, I knew what was right and wrong when I was home, and all I really wanted was a good example. I think that's all you can really do, is set a good example and bare your testimony. Let the spirit be the one to exhort. But anyway, I'm sorry to hear the frustrations, I really wish I could be there, I think I would be able to help a lot. But it's alright, I only have two more seasons and then I'm back home already. It's so wierd how time get measured as a missionary. It goes so slow as it happens, but then looking back it just seems like it's gone. Its just wierd I guess. So how's Josh doing? I still need to write him a letter, I feel horrible. I think I'll just write him when he gets home, but I have definatly failed on that one. How is Dan and Marne? How are they taking this whole thing with Nate? Are they pretty excited for Josh to come home? Well the work here is good. I have a bunch of funny stories, but none really have to do with missionary work, so I think I'll just wait and let you read my journal. I've done really well on that. I have written basically every day and every important event on my mission. It's pretty sweet. I'm so glad I have no more winters in Chicago. I hope I get to stay in the city through the whole summer, that would be really nice. How's the basement? I forgot to ask on the phone? Progressing? How's the fam? How's Chels doing? Is she Ok? Let me know how things are. Thanks for venting to me, I feel really special. I wish I could give you the biggest hug right now and tell you how much I love my mommy. So I love you, consider this your hug. MMMMMMMM!!! There ha ha muah, kiss too. love you, tell dad to be good, and tell everyone I love them.
Love, Curtis

No comments: