Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Elder Perrin - 17 June 2009

Hey! Guess what? I really am glad for the letter response you gave me, it was really nice compared to the one Brian gave me, don't show him this email by the way. For example, I know I shouldn't send emails about what I'm not liking here or things that make me mad or stuff like that, so I was kinda worried after I wrote that email that everyone was going to think, "Oh what a bad missionary, he needs to love his companion, he needs to learn patience, he doesn't have the spirit, he's not doing a good job bla bla bla you know how it goes." But you just read right through the words and figured I just had a bad week, and needed to vent or just recieve advice or whatever you want to call it. Brian thinks I don't love my companion ( which I do by the way, he's actually a really awesome guy and easy to get a long with), and he said, "No wonder you don't have success, the people can see right through you." So he thinks because I don't love my companion, the people don't see the love in me etc... you know how it goes. Well that's all a bunch of Malarchy. I don't think he realizes what I was trying to say, or the message I was trying to send, which was, "I'm learning a lot of patience, I'm learning to forgive, and I'm learning the true test of diligence." So anyway, thanks for understanding and not throwing judgements out there, that really made me so happy : )
So I didn't know that you also saw a difference between the mission I'm serving and the one Josh and Mitch are serving. That's such a relief you know that because everyone that serves here knows that secret, but I didn't know you knew too.
So guess what though, Do you remember Antonio, the guy me and Elder Stuart found a long time ago, who needed to get divorced? Well he finally got divorced after he worked with a lawer and sacraficed his right arm to pay the guy. So he's divorced finally and getting baptized!!!! Sweet!!! Not only that, but fiance and his step son are surprisingly accepting the gospel and are going to get baptized. She stopped smoking which I never thought would happen so soon, and now their house doesn't smell like smoke, and when he comes to church he doesn't smell like smoke either. Sweet!!!! So I think if he gets baptized soon I'll be able to go because I'm right next door to my last area. Man, this was like 7 months ago or so when we found this guy, and he's finally getting baptized. I'll send you a picture of him today.
By the way, I didn't get a letter from Charlie, I'm sorry, but I'll let you know if it comes. When did you send it? So we're moving out of our Apartment tomorrow to a different one about a few miles away. That should be crazy eh?/?
This week was pretty good I guess, I got a lot of enthusiasm back from an exchange we did, Elder Bell gave me some words that have helped him and it was good, plus I read the story of Abinidi and just put it into prospective. I realize that I may not have the baptisms that others have, but I still have an impact, and I may not ever know how deep that impact is, but there is always an impact. Like I said a long time ago, I may be planting seeds my whole mission, and I think just last week I was sick of planting seeds and never seeing a harvest. You know what I mean.
So no one has told me how the basement is coming along, still. does that mean it's on hold again??? ha ha, I figured, that's funny. $ Did I tell you about blurb.com??? It's so cool you can make books!!! This sister showed me a book she made, it was soo coooool!! You should try it and tell me if it works. So how's the scripture reading going? Prayers??? I struggle with prayers too just so ya know, it's really hard for me. I say them, but it's so hard to make them sincere, but I'm getting better I think. Let me know any tricks if you have any. Well have a good week, thanks for the letter and the powerful words of advice, I can't wait to ask you for advice when I'm married and have kids, It'll BE GREAT!!! ha ha !! Love you mommy.

Love curt

1 comment:

DnD Gibb said...

Catching myself up again. Just love his letters and honesty. Boy, don't we all want to quit once in a while, but then we just pick up and go on and make it all work for good and in a positive way. It is just life to vent occasionally or crawl into a cave. I love the most how much Curtis loves his family and is growing to love you more and more. He is having so many wonderful successes because of his great love for our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and his family. Sure love all of you. Mom