Saturday, June 13, 2009

May 27, 2009 - Elder Perrin

So I read your email and I could tell that you have a lot on your mind, and I can tell you have thought about things a lot. Maybe I am the one to vent to, if I am I appreciate it, I really do. I miss you and love you mom, and sometimes without realizing I think you can be just way to hard on yourself, and try to do too much. I think sometimes we forget to take care of ourselves first before we take care of others, but like they say, we can't help others if we aren't in the right position to help them. I just see how you care so much for other people and just want them to do the right thing and them to be happy, but I wonder if this is at a sacrifice of your own happiness. Do I even make sense right now? So I see how you love dad and your family so much, but when they aren't doing something they shouldn't, well it might cause so much worry or anxiety that you might just sacrifice your own happiness worrying about them, when in fact people can choose, people know what is right and wrong. So I guess my point is that you shouldn't worry or blame yourself for anything that isn't perfect in life, because I know you have done your very best, and you will never know how much I really admire you and look up to you for what you have done for me. Just remember that there is only one opinion that counts, and I know sometimes we get caught up with what other people think about us, and it's really hard especially with family, but really there is only one opinion that counts. If we just do all we can to be good with our Father in Heaven, the rest will fall into place, sooner or later. Most of the time later. I just pray that you know how much you are loved, by me and your family, and especially by the one who loves you the most. So yes we know dad isn't perfect, but neither am I. And I know that when Jesus made the biggest difference in other peoples lives, he did it by a quiet, humble example. So thank you for being the example in the family that we could always count on, being that example really does go a long ways. So I wish I could be there to help, and give you a hug and tell you I love you. But most of all I just want you to be happy, and I really just hope you don't hold any blame on yourself for anything that happens or has happened. Just do what you know how to do best, love. Just love your family and give hugs and kisses and everything will be Ok, I promise. : ) well I love you and miss you, and I hope you have a good week. : )
love
Your Son Curtis

So I didn't even see the second half of the email. So I had a thought about the whole fathers day gift thing, and it made me think of what the psychiatrist said. He's a simple guy, and that really is true. The gift that will mean the most is the simplest one sometimes. Here's my opinion, the gifts that mean the most are the ones that touch the heart. So you got to figure out a way to touch his heart. Buying things, well, that isn't the best gift, it's just buying something. The only fathers day I remember is when we put our handprints on a paper and framed it and said I love you. Remember? Simple? But it sticks. So the best thing to do is find a creative way to tell him you love him. That's it. And it doesn't come in a box. There are a lot of things you can do, and it can be fun too. Take his favorite candy and write I love you with it somewhere, or do something like that, that is different. Paint him a picture of you and him together with you five little kids, like a water color picture, or something, or cut our pictures of the ensign of Christ and make a something cool with them for him or I don't know. Ok so all this was just my opinion, but I hope you think of something.
love curt

No comments: