Thursday, November 26, 2009

Elder Perrin - 18 November 2009

Oh man, I wish I would've gotten this letter last week. It didn't come for some reason, but if I would've read it last week, I'm sure I wouldve been in a lot better of a mood this week. Just when you put it into perspective for me about how much God appreciates the work we do for his children, it just got to me. It was excactly what I have been not remebering, and so it was excactly what I needed. To be honest, I wouldn't really call myself depressed. I mean, Me and Elder Z have a great time. We laugh a lot through all the things that aren't fun, and we get a long great, and I cant' really ask for more. I hate making it seem like this mishion is so hard and all the other ones aren't as hard. But I'm sure that's not the case. All missions are hard in their own ways. I just really don't want to appear as a whiner to everybody. That wouldn't be good. Hopefully people don't read the sad parts I write, but the truth is that I leave most of them out.

I just loved this email, I can't even tell you how much I loved it. You had me in tears. Yes mom, you will be my date. We can go on a date every night. How about if we make a snowman? That would be a fun date. Wow! i just love my family, when you told me about charlie, it made me so happy. He says the best things and i'm so glad you tell me about it. i just love him.

Your right about the friendships thing. I think i'm going to try hard to be a better friend and keep the friends I've made here and everywhere. It's sad to see when missionaries lose contact with awesome friends they've made on the mish, never call, never write. I hope not to make that mistake. Oh, but your just so right on that. SO RIGHT! That's why I need you.

I'm glad to hear a bout your class. I didn't realize it was like that, but when you put it that way, I start to see now what you mean, why the trouble and still why the joy. I got you now I think. It took me this long to really get why you would say stuff about your class, but I didn't really get why. But now I do I think. You are the person for that job. It is just perfect for you. I don't think there are many people that could just be such an awesome and loving teacher who makes people better like you do. I always resisted being taught by you. I never wanted to be better. Piano was the worst part of my stubborn childhood. I don't really desire to be able to play, But I could've been nicer about it.

So about the bike. I just don't think it's worth sending home. I think i'll just take some pictures of it and if I want to ride a bike later, then I'll save my money and buy a good one later. But the bike like I said, has a cracked down tube, and it's just held together right now buy a mexican I found at a muffler shop who welded it for me. So it could brake any moment. And it costs like 100 bucks to ship home. I Might as well put that money to a bike I can buy later, or just not worry about it. It would be cool to have as a memory, but as a wise man once said, I'm not here to take memories home, I'm just here to leave behind my testimony of christ and leave behing something. So I'll just take some pictures of it I guess and not worry about it.

So, there are a few pizza places here in Chicago. The first is called Giordanos. I think it's spelled, and the other is call Iluminatis I think. I don't know. The pizza is good, but not worth the money. In my oppionion, The Pie is way better. Last p-day we went down there and I shoved 5 slices into my stomach. I think that's the last time I'm going there. Today I'm just going to clean and cook some bread and try to get over this illness of mine that keeps dragging on. I've been sick for like 2 or 3 weeks now. I don't want to be sick when I get home. Being sick makes it a little more miserable in the cold, so I decided I might take a sick day soon.

So as for school, I assumed you just picked my clases?? If you say I should be an architect, I'll just do it. I just want someone to tell me what to do, and your the first to have an oppionion, so you convinced me. Do you know anything about a test I can take to say I speak spanish to get free credit at college??? So we still don't know when my homecoming talk is???

So, I have to finish the story about the time when I ate Elder Zelenskeis food and had a burning stomach and felt like crap. So, I basically prayed to have it come out nice (I know this sounds ridiculous) and I prayed and said I was taking one for the team, asked for a little bit of help so that it wouldn't hurt so bad, and it came out beautifully. It was a miracle, Elder Z doesn't think God answered me, but I do.

Anyway, so I saw this billboard with this movie on it. There wasn't anything special about it I guess, until I saw the date that the movie comes out. DEC 11! Holy cow! That is such a good feeling!!! We should go see it eh? I don't even remember what it was called. It had morgan freeman in it and I think it was Matt Damon. I don't know, it was just crazy to think about.

Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea!!! I'm so so stoked for you, you have no idea??? My family is growing up, it brings a tear to my eye. Ha! Ha! I just am so happy for you. I cant wait to meet this boy toy of yours. : )

Well, I only have two more times to email after this. That's pretty exciting. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty excited to come home. So I was going to say, if I didn't, I think that you're right about the whole airport thing. If everyone wants to come, I guess it would be a great experience either way. So sorry for making this all confusing. Just let me know if the whole family is coming or if it's just a few people. Let me know.

Things are good. I promise I'll get better before I get home. Elder Zelenskei says I'm braking down, and I don't know why but it's kind of true. I'm all sick lately and I get headaches, and now my back hurts and my ankle just started to hurt and I'm just tired at night. I don't know what the deal is. Hopefully I'm not too broken in 3 weeks. So have a great week. I love you so much and tell Charlie I love him.

Love Curtis
Okay, So I just read this email. Man I have no time left. Okay, so I really am glad you wrote me this one too to give me a heads up. Thank you for telling me my talk. I'm really worried though because this is my hardest topic, you have no idea my battle with this topic, it's impossible for me. Charlie is the best!!! I just love him, but I think it's going to be a great moment and we're going to get along great when I get home. Oh man I'm going to cry. I just miss you guys. About the guitar, well, I was planning on locking myself in my room in college and learning to play, but I'll find a better guitar maybe. Don't worry about it. I thought Audri still had it to be honest with you. oh well. Okay, I really got to go. I love you so much and I will see you in a few.

oh yeah, about the primary thing, that sounds great! : ) no worries

No comments: