Saturday, November 7, 2009

Elder Perrin - 7 October 2009

So life is good, I'm sick of my bike tires. I think I had like 9 flats this week, due to the fact that my tires are wearing down a little bit and stuff gets through a little bit easier, and I don't want to spend money on new tires, so I'm fixing the tires by cutting an old tube and putting it in the inside of the tire to have an extra layer of rubber between the air tube. I think that should solve my problems. I think today I might get the other bike fixed, the one that has a crack in the frame. I have been to a few muffler shops and they refered me to another place that has the right welder that could possible fix the crack. We'll see. If not, they told me I could definitley put a small piece of pipe on the inside of the bike frame and weld to that, so I might try to do that, hopefull it works. I really want the bike to work because of how much I love it, and I kind of want to send it home, if it's possible. I just don't want to lose it. The work is good. Really hard to get people to church and Elder Z is getting a little down because of it. I think we can keep him happy though. Anyway, conference was good, at least the conference part of the day was good, the rest was a little frustrating and heartbreaking. I liked the talk you shared by Richard G scott, a lot actually because I've always had a hard time with personal revelation and following the spirit. I personally think the one on temperance applied to me the most, and the one on doing the little things to keep our hearts from becoming stony again. That one was good because it gave me inspiration to not lose the scripture reading and constant prayer after this mission. I forgot to send pictures, again. I'm a loser I know, don't worry I know. I need to put in more effort to being more informative to my family, I know I know. I'll try a little harder I guess. I don't even have any excuses, well I do but I really just don't want to give them to you. Anyway, I really appreciate the shoes thing, I hope it doesn't cost to much is the only thing, but I just think you and dad are awesome for being so giving, especially when things aren't the best financially. I really don't even have an idea of how bad it is, but I just thank you so much for being so amazing. Really what would I ever do without you. So what is it about this class that makes you appear more worried than normal. I don't know if you have always felt this way about your classes, having to quiet them down, worried about angry parents or things like that. What is it that makes this class different??? Or is it any different and I'm not gettnig it? What is it?? So, the fall is really nice like last year. I kinda wish I was in a different enviornment this year instead of the same gross noisy busy city, but at the same time I realize the benefits of being here for so long. The best one, and most valuable is the relationships I get to have the members. That's a really good advantage, because most wards just forget about you and when you go back to visit, they have forgoten you. But if you spend more time in a ward, you get to make a lot more freinds and stuff like that. So I have basically two wards, and a branch. If I ever want to come back to visit, I won't have to make any long distance visits or anything like that. My mission areas can be seen in a 15 minute car ride through Chicago, and then you've seen my mishion. Whoo hoo!!! Ha ha, that's so weird to think about though. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that everthing is good. Love you tonz, send my love to my amazing grandparents, I really love them.
So I have a secret. In the priesthood session, during the first talk, I don't know if dad saw it, but when I heard the first talk, I had the most deep feeling of dad sickness, I can't even explain it. As he kept talking it just kept getting worse and worse which eventually led to tears of missing dad. I don't know why, I think it was because I wish I would have been a better son, or because I really have missed his counsel for me here, or maybe because I can't wait to talk to him again and listen to his advice, or maybe because I realized how hard he tried and how much he loved me and Zach, and how I was just so stupid and angry all the time. And then I really, for some reason, wanted to go golfing with him again, and not be such a cold hearted stupid teenager. You know I also realized that dad is rarely wrong, hardly ever. I don't know, I just sickly missed dad and the two months I have seemed really long during that priesthood session. Sometimes the time just never ends quick enough, no matter how short it really is. Anyway, I love you dad, love you mom. Love Curt

No comments: