Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Letters to Charlie - November 2008

Hey Charlie! What's up buddy!

Charlie, I have not seen you forever! How have you been? How is school? Are you learning a lot and making new friends? What is your teacher's name? What are you learning right now? Are you doing math and reading? Is your class fun? How about the snow? Is there a lot of snow? Have you been to the mountains yet to go skiing or sledding? Has dad taken you to the big ski lifts to go off some crazy jumps!! Or do you just go for rides on the 4-wheelers? What are you going to ask Santa for Christmas? What is the coolest toy you have seen that would be so cool to have?

So mom told me about the magic show you saw. That must have been crazy! I cannot believe you got to go up and do a magic trick with the guy! That must have been so awesome. What did you see when you were doing the magic trick? I can't believe he made you disappear! That must have been so so cool!

So, I have a story for you. I thought you might enjoy some stories from Chicago. One day, me and Stuart were riding our bikes on the road, and the road was really icy. We were trying to be careful because I didn't want to fall, but it didn't work, because all of a sudden my bike slipped from under me and went flying across the road, and I went sliding across the road. It was pretty scary, but it didn't hurt too much because missionaries don't get hurt, because God gives us super powers! Kind of like Spider Man has super powers to do all the cool stuff, yeah, we get super powers too. God makes it so we don't feel pain or get hurt. It's pretty cool. It's pretty wild riding bikes in the snow, because we can't see to well and it gets cold int eh face some times. And the snow on the road turns to slush, and then it's too wet and then we get really wet because water is going everywhere! But it's a cool adventure.

And the other day, me and Stuart were taking out the garbage for a really nice lady, and we saw a pigeon walking on the ground. Pigeons are always walking around here, but Elder Stuart is really good at roping things. This day he brought a little rope with him. I said, "Hey! A pigeon! Too bad you don't have your rope!" And he says, "Actually, I do." So he pulls up to the pigeon really slowly, and gets really close and tosses his rope and hooks it! Then the pigeon just starts going crazy and starts flapping and all that. So then he grabs the pigeon and takes the rope off really slowly and lets it go. It was really funny and I was laughing really hard.

You know the other week we went into the big part of the city and went to the biggest Christmas tree I have ever seen! It was about 5 times as high as our house! It was really tall, and it had lights on it and everything. A lot of stuff happens in the city, there are a lot of people. Maybe, if I ever get home, we can take a trip back here and hang out for a week here in Chicago and all the places I have been. That would be cool.

Tell me about all your school stuff that goes on and about all the fun stuff you're doing. Tell me about karate and all the guys your beating up. Do you like karate and kicking the trash out of other kids? Tell me all about it. How about any cool new movies? Tell me about all the cool stuff you're doing. Thanks for praying for me to be a good missionary. I am pretty sure your prayers are working great! Because I am getting better every day. I can feel it! Thanks bro for your prayers. Sorry I can't be there to play with you and hang out with ya, but when I get home we'll play all the time, and we'll be best buds again. O.k?

Love you dud. Be good and have a good week! Love Curt

1 comment:

DnD Gibb said...

Curtis is having some great experiences. Dale Sherwood's brother, Matt, was a national roping champion. His picture and story was in the church news a month ago. Justin saw it and showed us. So glad Curtis can be enjoying all that is around him which draws him to the people.